The 2014 Wells Mountain Foundation Scholarship is now open for application. This scholarship will be funding post secondary education(College, University, Polytechnic and Trade school), and covers the cost of education itself and directly related expenses including books and supplies ranging from $300 to $2000. The deadline for submission o scholarship application is April 1st 2014.
The Wells Mountain Foundation is a public charitable foundation based in Bristol, Vermont, USA, which has been approved under the United States Internal Revenue Service under Section 501(c)(3). The purpose of the Foundation is primarily to support programs and individuals in developing nations or other situations of extreme poverty. Each year the Foundation’s Empowerment through Education program provides support to students as they pursue various educational objective. Our hope is that by providing the opportunity to further one’s education, the scholarship participants will not only be able to improve their own future, but also that of their own communities. The foundation believes in the power and importance of community service and, as a result, all scholarship participants are required to volunteer for a minimum of one month a year.
To apply for this scholarship, an applicant must:
- Successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades.
- Will be studying in their country or another country in the developing world.
- Plans to live and work in their own country after they graduate.
- Has volunteered prior to applying for this scholarship and/or is willing to volunteer while receiving the WMF scholarship.
- May have some other funds available for their education, but will not be able to go to school without a scholarship.
What the scholarship covers
The scholarship covers the cost of education itself and directly related expenses including books and supplies ranging from $300 to $2000.
Field of study
The scholarship is provided to study any course offered in the University.
How to apply
The mode of application is online. Click here for more information on how to apply.
Scholarship application deadline
The deadline for submission of scholarship application is April 1st 2014.