University of Tromsø – The Arctic University of Norway is described as the world’s northernmost university. Located in the city of Tromsø, Norway, it was founded in the year 1968 and began full academic activities in 1972.
The Arctic University of Norway is one of eight top universities in Norway and considered as the largest research and educational institution in northern Norway.
University of Tromsø university accepts applications from international students. The university has about 8% of foreign students. It offers international student exchange programs, made possible by its numerous network of partner educational institutions and companies. The University has Centres for Saami Studies, Arctic Research, Women’s Studies and Women in Research, Environment and Development Studies, Peace Studies, Saami Health Research, Alternative Medicine, Research on Municipalities, and Further Education and Continuing Education. It also houses the Department of Learning and Teacher Education, the Norwegian Historical Data Centre, Tromso University Museum, and the University Library
Why study at the University of Tromsø – The Arctic University of Norway
- The University is one of the top universities in Norway among the best world universities. It has a pedigree in courses like Arts and Humanities, Life Sciences and Medicine and environmental sciences.
- It is also known to be among the best for research and international exposure. The mode of instruction is generally research-oriented for the fields of biology, chemistry and physics and more focused on the acquiring of practical skills for the rest of the disciplines.
- At the University of Tromsø – The Arctic University of Norway, you can explore global issues from a close-up perspective. UiT is a classical university divided into 7 Faculties; Faculty of Health Science, Faculty of Science and Technology, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences and Education, Faculty of Biosciences, Fisheries and Economics, Faculty of Fine Arts.
How to apply for admission
To apply for admission, students are expected to provide all the required documents. The admission process has multiple requirements. Kindly visit the official website of the university at http://uit.no.
Read also: Study in Norway: Cost Of Tuition Fee, and List Of Top Universities In Norway
Bachelor – University of Tromsø
At UiT, it offers bachelor degrees in the classical disciplines as well as teaching, engineering and nursing programs.
The University of Tromsø The Arctic University of Norway offers around 30 English-taught Master’s and Bachelor’s degree programmes. Many of the science programmes offer different specializations.
HOW TO APPLY
UiT is a classical university divided into six Faculties; Faculty of Health Science, Faculty of Science and Technology, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Humanities, Social Sciences and Education, Faculty of Biosciences, Fisheries and Economics and Faculty of Fine Arts. At UiT, there are bachelor degrees in the classical disciplines as well as teaching, engineering and nursing. Please note: Only one bachelor degree is taught in English; Arctic Adventure Tourism.
Formal admission requirements before applying.
For a successful application, follow these procedures. It is VITAL that you submit a complete and accurate application for international admissions. The link below offers tips on how to prepare a successful application to increase your chance of obtaining admission.
Important dates to take note of:
- Admissions Start: October every year.
- Deadline: 1 December
- Norwegian Language and Society for Foreign Students – one year
PROOF OF ENGLISH PROFICIENCY
An international student’s English skills must pass the English tests that UiT accepts.
Note: There are no preparatory courses in English available.
Exemptions/waiver from the English test applies to limited cases. Please click on the link below to see the requirements for your country.
- Applicants from countries marked as “NO” are exempted from the requirement for English test.
- Applicants from countries marked as “YES”: you must document an approved English test to be eligible for admission to apply for master’s degree, bachelor’s degree and short & online programmes of study.
- Applicants from countries marked as “YES 1”, “YES 2” or “YES 3”, please see the Country List.
There are no preparatory courses in English available.
Depending on where you completed upper secondary education, you may be required to have an additional year(s) of university education and supporting documents for verification purposes to be eligible for international admissions (Bachelor’s programmes). Please see the links below.
For more information on admission requirements send your questions to email@example.com
Or call: Telephone: +47 77 64 55 90