The foundation of the Republic of Austria is awarding a maximum of 100 scholarships to international students in the fields of Natural sciences, Technical sciences, Medicine, Agriculture and Forestry, Veterinary Medicine, Social Sciences, Law and Economics, Humanities and Theology and Arts. Students working on a research project in a master or diploma program or doctoral students can apply for this scholarship. The deadline for submission of application is 1st march 2014.
Applicants should meet the following eligibility criteria before applying for this scholarship:
- Applicants should be students working on a research project in a master or diploma programme or doctoral students.
- Applicants who are descendants of forced labourers or come from countries that have exceptionally suffered from the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced labourers,
– i.e. students enrolled outside Austria working on their diploma or master thesis or students enrolled in doctoral programmes/doctoral studies outside Austria are eligible to apply.
- Applicants without a doctoral degree have to attach a letter of confirmation of their home university/faculty regarding their course (diploma or master programme or doctoral programme/doctoral studies) (to be scanned as PDF file and attached to the on-line application).
Doctoral students: 40 years at the time of submission of the application (for the application deadline March 1, 2014: born on or after March 1, 1974)
for other students: 35 years at the time of submission of the application (for the application deadline March 1, 2014: born on or after March 1, 1979).
Field of study
Scholarship are provided in the field of Natural sciences, Technical sciences, Medicine, Agriculture and Forestry, Veterinary Medicine, Social Sciences, Law and Economics, Humanities and Theology and Art.
What the scholarship covers
This scholarship will cover the following:
1. Monthly scholarship instalment: -for doctoral students: € 1040.–
-for students enrolled in a master or diploma programme: € 940
2. Accident and health insurance, accommodation
a) If necessary, the OeAD (Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research) will effect an accident and health insurance.
b) The OeAD provides scholarship holders with accommodation (student dormitory or apartment). Monthly costs: € 220 to € 470 (depending on the level of comfort requested by the scholarship holder). The scholarship holder has to pay an administrative fee of € 18.— per month to the OeAD for the provision of accommodation. The costs for insurance and accommodation have to be covered by the scholarship holder from the scholarship.
Applicants from countries which are neither members of the EU nor members of EFTA, EEA or OECD can be granted a travel allowance of up to max. € 500.– in addition to the scholarship.
How to apply
Applicants should all submit an online application. Click here for more information on how to apply.
Scholarship Application Deadline
The scholarship application deadline is 1st march 2014.